- 2 eggs (plus an additional egg yolk if required, wait to see if the batter is too dry for the additional yolk)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- t tbspn baking powder
- 3/4 cup toasted and chopped almonds
- 2 tbspn grated lemon rind
To make the Biscotti
- Preheat the oven to 325 (F).
- Toast almonds on baking sheet. Then chop into good sized ieces.
- Add the dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour, sugar, baking powder). Blend.
- Add the wet ingredients into another bowl (eggs, oil, vanilla).
- Grate lemon (add to the wet ingredients just when you are ready to blend.)
- Slowly blend the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing with a large spoon as you go along.
- Kneed with your hand for about a minute.
- On a floured surface, form into a log and then cut into three even sized pieces.
- Place the pieces on a greased baking sheet and flatten a bit with your hand so it looks like a biscotti shape.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until lightly golden in colour. Then remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- With a serrate knife, but into 1/2 inch slices and place the biscotti pieces sideways on the baking sheet. Return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. You can dip the piecves into melted chocolate if you wish. We like them just as they are.