Frozen Lemon Souffle
1 box vanilla wafers
1/4 cup butter melted
4 large eggs,separated
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp. lemon zest
3/4 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar
1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
1/8 tsp sal
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
lemon zest or candied violets for garnish.
- Crush wafers in food processer.
- Drizzle in melted butter and process briefly to combine.
- Press firmly into bottom of a 9 inch or 10 inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl lightly beat egg yolks.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest and 1/4 cup sugar, blend well.
- In a separate, very clean bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Beat in cream of tartar and salt. Continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add remaining 3/4 cups of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream.
- Fold egg whites and whipped cream into yolk mixture.
- Spoon into spring form pan. Cover with foil. Freeze at least 8 hours.
- Let soften in fridge 30 min. before serving. Remove sides from pan and garnish.