Lemon Basil Crepe
This will serve 2 persons
Ingredients - Crepe
- 2 eggs
- 220 ml milk
- 20 ml Melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil, julienne cut, about six leaves
- 1/2 lemon, zest only
- 1 tablespoon butter, for cooking
Ingredients Berry Compote
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 vanilla bean, split
- 1/3 cup Blueberries
- 1/3 cup Blackberries
- 1/3 cup Raspberries
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch, dissolved in cold water
- Whipping cream
- In sauce pan, combine orange juice and honey, scrape seeds of vanilla bean into the pan then add the bean. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the honey. About two minutes
- Add blueberries, blackberries and cook for another minute.
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Stir in the cornstarch/water and simmer until thickened.
- Discard the vanilla bean and be ready to serve warm
For the Crepes
- In a bowl combine the eggs, milk, butter and flour and whisk together until smooth and no lumps.
- Add in the lemon zest and the basil.
- Heat a 8 inch non-stick pan over medium heat. When hot, brush with a little butter
- Ladle about 3 tablespoons of batter into the centre of the pan, tilt to rotate and cover the surface.
- Cook till edges brown, then flip and cook the other side. Just a minute or so.
- Remove from pan.
- Fold crepe in triangle, overlap, spoon over some compote, top with slightly whipped cream.