Roasted Butternut Squash with Sage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium butternut squashes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 5 sage leaves
- juice of 0.5 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil. Add butternut squash and cook 3-4 minutes, or until lightly coloured.
- Add 2 tbsp butter and cook another 3-4 minutes to allow squash to brown slightly.
- Place pan in preheated oven and roast squash for 25-30 minutes, or until tender. Remove from oven and transfer squash to a bowl.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp butter, sage, garlic, and lemon juice to hot skillet and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or until butter is foaming and sage is crackling.
- Add butter mixture to butternut squash and crush squash to allow flavours to come together.