At first, I attempted to make this dish as a way of recreating Chistmas Dinner the way Karen's mom, Lois, would have the meal. But now, this dish is a staple in our house for any major holidays. It would not be Thanksgiving without turkey and whipped poptatoes; or Chistmas, or...
The ingreditents below is the original receipe, but I have modified it to be for 5 pounds potatoes, it is 1 cup sour cream, 2 cups cottage cheese, 3/4 cup butter. That will nicely fill a large oblong baking dish.
- 4 large potatoes
- 250 ml creamed cottage cheese
- 125 ml sour cream
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- Boil the potatoes, drain and the mash.
- Add the cottage cheese, sour cream and 1/4 up butter. Beat with a mixed until blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub some button onto the bottom of baking dish. Spread the potatoes into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with Parmesan cheese and drizzel w8ith 2 teaspoons melted butter.
- Cover and keep for up to 24 hours.
- Remove from fridge. Let sit at room tempature. Then bake, uncovered at 400 (F) for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the over and let sit for 15 minutes.